June is Men’s Health Month, honored nationwide as a time to bring awareness to preventable health problems and encourage early lifestyle changes to impact long-term overall health.
The Men’s Health Network (MHN) reports men have a higher rate of death for most of the leading causes of death like heart disease, cancer, accidents, chronic lower respiratory disease, cerebrovascular disease, diabetes, pneumonia and influenza.
Men also die younger than women. In 1920, women outlived men only by one year. Ninety years after that, women survive men by over five years. (Source: NVSR Vol. 60 # 4: January 2012)
Why are men at high risk? This could be due to a number of factors such as: no healthcare coverage, less preventative doctor visits, dangerous occupations, under-funded research, and less healthy lifestyles.
The First Line Of Defense…Take Your Daily Vitamins!
Daily Essentials for Men is a broad-spectrum multivitamin/ mineral/ antioxidant supplement. This custom formula for men, rich in nutrients, is designed to help the male body reach its maximum potential. The time-released feature assures that the water-soluble B Vitamins and Vitamin C will be delivered over a period of many hours. As a result, greater absorption of these nutrients can be achieved, and nutritional coverage will be available for a longer period of time throughout the day. Vitamins are necessary for proper growth, digestion, and nerve function. They enable the body to use carbohydrates, protein, and essential fats for energy and repair. Minerals serve as building blocks in cells and enzymes, and are the main components in bones and teeth. Antioxidants repair oxidative damage to the body caused by free radicals, and strengthen the immune system. Daily Essentials for Men is iron-free, includes 25 mg of zinc per dose, and contains a comprehensive, proprietary Herbal Energy Blend that may support daily energy needs, particularly for those under stress.
Support Your Health AND Your Heart!
The Essential Fatty Acids (EFAs) found in Omega complexes, like Rx Oils, play a critical role in the workings of a healthy body. Why are they essential? Because the body must have them to survive, but cannot synthesize them from any other substance, so a direct source is required. Taken in the right amounts and ratios, EFAs improve and maintain health in the following ways:
- Increase Energy Performance and Stamina: help build muscle and prevent muscle breakdown, and accelerate fatigue recovery.
- Strengthen Bones: help to prevent osteoporosis by aiding in the transport of minerals that keep bones and teeth strong.
- Promote Healthy Immune System Function: produce eicosanoids that regulate inflammatory and immune responses, lowering inflammation and slowing autoimmune damage (arthritis).
- Aid in Weight Loss: enhance thermogenesis. Recent data also suggests EFAs have been found to block fat producing genes.
- Help Maintain A Healthy Heart: may lower high blood pressure, cholesterol, triglycerides, inflammation, and formation of clots.
- Speed the Healing Process: form cell membranes and are essential for cell growth and division.
- Enhance Brain Function: are necessary to make serotonin, the neurotransmitter essential to the entire nervous system. Mood and behavior disorders are linked to decreased levels of EFAs.
- Produce Healthy Hair, Soft Skin, and Strong Nails: insufficient amounts of EFAs result in dull hair, dry skin, and brittle nails.
Increase Strength and Energy Levels
After age 40, the level of testosterone decreases in men as they age. Testosterone is a powerful hormone that is critical to muscle mass, energy levels, and recovery. Low levels of testosterone can result in changes in sleep patterns, increased body fat, reduced muscle bulk and strength, and decreased bone density. Rx-4 contains a combination of clinically proven ingredients to naturally increase the body’s own testosterone levels, help with stress management, activate the metabolism, and help build muscle.
To quote Congressman Bill Richardson (Congressional Record, H3905-H3906, May 24, 1994):
“Recognizing and preventing men’s health problems is not just a man’s issue.
Because of its impact on wives, mothers, daughters, and sisters, men’s health is truly a family issue.”